The following OS'es or subsystems support Colemak out of the box:
* NetBSD since the 5.0 release (wscons + X11)
* FreeBSD since releases 6.4 and 7.1 (syscons + X.org via ports)
* DragonFly BSD since the 2.4 release (syscons + X.org via pkgsrc)
* Linux distributions with kbd-1.15.2 (console) and X.org with xkeyboard-config since 1.0
* Haiku since Alpha 1
* Mac OSX since 10.7 (Lion)
* iOS (iPhone/iPad) since 5.0
* Android since 4.1 Jelly Bean
I'll update this post as things progress. :-)
Last edited by ghen (15-Nov-2012 09:50:46)
I updated my post with some recent additions, and these have been added by big corporates, not the open source community: Mac OSX, and the two major mobile OS'es iOS and Android.
The only major one still missing is MS Windows... Other than that, you now get Colemak out of the box on many computers and smartphones.
Shai, perhaps it is worth updating the "News" section on the Colemak front page, it is severely outdated. :-( You may also want to update the download/install information – but surely keep the source files available for people who want to modify the layout. ;-)
Last edited by ghen (15-Nov-2012 10:02:10)
Does that mean Windows 8 didn't get it baked in then?
Physicians deafen our ears with the Honorificabilitudinitatibus of their heavenly Panacaea, their sovereign Guiacum.