• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Experiences
  • My experiences with Colemak over the last 7 years, never looking back

My experiences with Colemak over the last 7 years, never looking back

• Started by keyboard samurai
    • 1 Replies:

Since I haven't been on here in a while, I thought it might be worthwhile updating.  I started learning Colemak at the beginning of 2007 after a brief attempt to learn Dvorak which I learned long enough to hate.  I spent decades hating QWERTY and never learned to touch type on it very well.  When I started learning Colemak, it just made sense and felt so much better. Because of Colemak, in my 40's I finally learned to truly touch type.   I did experience some cramped feel as I sped up at first but that has long since gone. Colemak is just the way I type now and most of my typing these days is on the go on a standard flat keyboard on my Mac Air.  Ergonomic keyboards would mean I would have to be tied to a desk which I almost never am.   I can function on QWERTY if I have to as well as I ever had to since I was always looking on QWERTY anyway, so have no reason to go back.  Since I'm the boss, no one is going to tell me different.  :-)

Keyboard Samurai! Nice to see you back. I actually thought about some of the old forumers here the other day, and your moniker was among them.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

• Index
      • Experiences
      • My experiences with Colemak over the last 7 years, never looking back