• You are not logged in.

Awesome Colemak learning site!

• Started by kim366
    • 5 Replies:

Sorry if I do advertising, but I love this new site I found and no one seems to know it. I am not affiliated with the site at all, I just randomly found it on Google.

So the Site I found is http://thetypingcat.com. You not only can learn more than 15 layouts (Colemak included), but you also can emulate each of them, so you don't have to install additional software until you master your new layout. A speed test is included and you can even get a speed test for only the home-row for example, by choosing Lesson 4 on random words.

I hope someone adds this site to https://colemak.com/Learn, because it should get some more attenstion.

Last edited by kim366 (20-Sep-2015 11:50:41)

You're right, it's very good and well thought out! I loved the instructions for switching layouts and everything.

I wish someone would tell them of Colemak-DH (in my case, Colemak-DbgHk AngleWide!) instead of showing a focus on the silly Norman layout, though. ;-)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

There is a feedback button on the bottom right where you can add your ideo. I already purposed the neo layout for my dad who rarely types in english

I also ran across this site during my transition. It is one of the better ones.

I've been using that www.thetypingcat.com website recently and I think the WPM calculations are off. I'm getting speeds up to 120wpm, a good game for me on www.10fastfingers.com is around 85wpm.

The words are also a lot easier for sure and the background clicking helps.

The sound when you screw up is really annoying.