• You are not logged in.

AutoIt.100 Trojan in Colemak 1.0?

• Started by laughfactory
    • 2 Replies:

Hi there, I'm doing my due diligence after getting a report from the Trojan Hunter software that the Colemak 1.0 installer includes a trojan virus.

Here's the report from Trojan Hunter:

Found trojan file: C:\Documents and Settings\Abe\Desktop\Colemak-1.0\install.exe (Autoit.100)
    Found trojan file: C:\Documents and Settings\Abe\Desktop\Colemak-1.0\uninstall.exe (Autoit.100)
    Found trojan file: C:\Documents and Settings\Abe\Desktop\Colemak-1.0.zip/install.exe (Autoit.100)
    Found trojan file: C:\Documents and Settings\Abe\Desktop\Colemak-1.0.zip/uninstall.exe (Autoit.100)

Can anyone tell me why Trojan Hunter thinks these files are trojans? Otherwise I'm taking Colemak off my system ASAP.

• Shai
    • Administrator

I've created The installer EXE with AutoIt, which is a very nice scripting tool for Windows, and it allows to compile the script into an EXE. Trojan Hunter assumes incorrectly that every AutoIt executable is a trojan.

If you want to inspect the source code of the executable, the AutoIt installation includes a decompiler utility called Exe2Aut.exe . You can check for yourself it does nothing evil.

For the next version of the installer I'm planning to use NSIS instead of AutoIt, so there won't be false alarms (among other reasons).

Thank you for the info. I suspected it must be something like that. Thanks again!

Regards,

Abe