• You are not logged in.

Problem installing

• Started by Golden_Hammer
    • 7 Replies:

When I try to install Colemak on my girlfriend's laptop, I get the following message "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Why do I get this message?

That seems like something that would happen because you don't have permission to create a temp directory or something.  After making sure the download was not corrupt, I would try installing it from an administrator account.  If the account you used was an administrator, I don't know :-S

• Shai
    • Administrator

It might happen if you didn't unzip the installation file correctly, and you just unzipped install.exe

No, that's not the case. You see, our university gives us free laptops (so they say), so we both have the same laptop. And I was able to install Colemak on my laptop a long time ago with no problems, but I have difficulty on hers.

Also, it was on administrator.

What kind of laptops do you get?

Anyway, it's the first time i see that kind of message. Maybe it's another useless anti-virus app.

Execute - services.msc. #gocheck if you have the Windows Installer service running.

• Shai
    • Administrator

This error happens when the installer doesn't find the Colemak.MSI file. You can just run Colemak.MSI manually.

Running the Colemak.MSI manually worked. I'll be sure to remember that if this ever happens again. Thanks!

Then, It's probably because you just double-clicked the install.exe in the archive. Unzip it all next time :)