• You are not logged in.

Autohotkey script for Sticky Shift only?

• Started by pafkata90
  • 26 Replies:

No, I gave up looking. I don't have enough time to actually learn AutoHotkey so well to make it myself. I've been using the one you suggested, that does this: xx → X ; xxx → xx , and it worked quite well. But it was interfering a little bit with some of my other scripts (cause I included it in my personal one) and made some weird stuff every now and then. And seeing that I actually didn't use it as much as I expected I actually ended up removing it entirely. Personal preference. By itself it works perfect.
I used another one for a little while which activates CapsLock on double shift, but I ended up activating it accidentally more often than on purpose and stopped using it also :)

At first I wanted to Use the one I suggested, but like you said It was interfering with the other script that I was using for mapping dvomak and I could not mix the two scripts since one of them loops for ever, so I had to try the replacement of shift first. I tried yesterday to figure out how to fix it and started to learn some Autohotkey, especially I need to map the Tap, which was not straight forward as I have thought. After some trials,  I realized I need more time and knowledge to fix the complex script and I actually do not like some aspects of the scripting language because they do not make sense to me especially the = ( old assignment) and := (expression assignment). I think the best thing I could do no is to contact the person who developed the script for me and ask him if he could fix it by allowing me to add my own key mapping above the script. I actually intend to use both methods I have mentioned earlier and I will mainly use sub version of the script that only works on the symbols and numbers row and I will use the replaced shift for typing the text keys.