• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Technical
  • Error: The keyboard DLL file supporting Colemak already exists...

Error: The keyboard DLL file supporting Colemak already exists...

• Started by Aqua
    • 3 Replies:

Hi all been using Colemak for over a year now and I like it but for having to install it every time, but can't get around that unless Windows onday supports it by default...

Anyways I have searched here and on Google for this issue but nothing comes up.

I just installed an SSD in 2 different systems, so I did a clean Windows install. I made 2 user accounts for this install as there is a trick for installing Windows to an SSD as a boot drive only with all your user stuff on the secondary drive.

The first install went fine, but since the computer was not for me I did not install Colemak until I was done tweaking the SSD so I did not run into this issue.

On computer #2 I installed Colemak on User#1 while I did the tweaks, then I deleted User #1 and went to User #2. I tried to install Colemak but I get this error: ydFGc.jpg Text: The keyboard DLL file supporting Colemak (named colemak2.dll) already exists on this machine in the system directory. Installation cannot continue.

So I browse to Windows/System32 and delete the DLL. Try to run again, same error. Reset machine, try again, but get the same error. Any ideas? I am getting worried 3 finger pecking in QWERTY.

I should note I used windows search to search all my drives but nothing comes up for colemak.

EDIT: Windows 7 SP1 O/S and I use the official Colemak installer in the wiki.

Last edited by Aqua (22-Jan-2012 18:00:05)

Ok I solved my issue, basically I am an idiot. I was searching for "Colmak" not "Colemak". I deleted all the .dll's in my temp folder and anywhere they came up in Windows search and I was able to re-install Colemak.

Good, glad you've solved it. And congrats on the SSD if it's your upgrade, it's awesome. I bought myself one a few months ago.

Last edited by pafkata90 (22-Jan-2012 19:10:16)

I think you should've uninstalled the DLLs by way of the usual Windows Uninstall? That's what I've been doing back in the day.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

• Index
      • Technical
      • Error: The keyboard DLL file supporting Colemak already exists...