• You are not logged in.

Interesting theory!!

• Started by nimbostratue
    • 8 Replies:

Somebody has shared with me the image below, and interestingly I read it without any problem. It proves to me that the human after getting used to a word, does not care much about all the letters in the word, but the general look of the word and that is why our hands type spontaneously when the mind and the muscle memory is already familiar with the word. However, I think typing the text in the image would be really challenging and I expect a lot of typos :)

308724_109862912459436_100003071824780_71372_42276731_n.jpg

Edit: I wonder why the forum is sometimes buggy when adding images: for example sometimes I put an image inside an image tag but I got surprised that it wraps it with url tags and give me an error that it is not allow to put url tag inside an img tag as has happen with me several times like today :), although the forum code has added the url tag not me

Since I am unable to post the image I will post the link instead

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- … 6731_n.jpg

I have put the image above the edit in and img tag, but it does not show!!!!

Last edited by nimbostratue (06-Feb-2012 21:16:10)

Well it does show it for me. You didn't know that? It is interesting, indeed. You mainly look at the first letter of the words and the arrangement of the rest doesn't matter very much. That's why finding typos sometimes is very difficult. It's not very rare for me to see underlined word from the spellchecker and after reading it 5 times I still can't find the silly error :D

Last edited by pafkata90 (06-Feb-2012 21:30:35)
    pafkata90 said:

Well it does show it for me. You didn't know that? It is interesting, indeed. You mainly look at the first letter of the words and the arrangement of the rest doesn't matter very much. That's why finding typos sometimes is very difficult. It's not very rare for me to see underlined word from the spellchecker and after reading it 5 times I still can't find the silly error :D

I knew this by heart, but I did not know that there is a research about it or an image like this :). Damn it then why can't I see the image in the thread!!! Weird (using chrome)

I opened the page in SRWARE Iron browser and now I can see the image. I think it is a chrome problem although SRWaRE Iron is a derivative of chrome

I'm also using Chrome. Try cleaning the cache (maybe the cookies also?).

pafkata90 said:

I'm also using Chrome. Try cleaning the cache (maybe the cookies also?).

I have already done that, and tried to load fresh copy (CTRL+ F5), but it did not work. I am currently running the computer in turbo mode using tune up utilites because I am doing some database on SQLServer and I have a lot of apps open. Later I will try to revert it to the normal state and see if Tune up utilities is the problem as it has given me some issues since I installed it.

I think I've tried it and had some problems with Tune up utilities, but I can't remember what sort of problems. Just remember that I disliked it for some reason.

Context does matter. Your mind guesses most of the time while reading and listening, it only hears or reads some of the keywords in a sentence and guess the rest...

Tony_VN said:

Context does matter. Your mind guesses most of the time while reading and listening, it only hears or reads some of the keywords in a sentence and guess the rest...

You mean by Context the field where the text is coming from ( science, physics, literature, etc...) and that the mind find it easier to guess common contexts. Actually it is interesting to test this. I will write a program later that take text from any field any scramble the letters inside a word leaving the first and the last characters intact and see if the mind or at least my mind can read something that he is not accustomed to. I think the context would matter, but usually at our age we are exposed to a lot of words and the minds knows them, so it is difficult to come up with new thing, but of course this should be tested to be confirmed

Last edited by nimbostratue (07-Feb-2012 10:42:18)