• You are not logged in.

Colemak Lesson Plans

• Started by Nilrem
    • 5 Replies:

I wanted to learn Colemak but unfortunately I couldnt get the TypeFaster program to work, so I had to make my own lesson in order to learn.

I found a free lesson guide based on Dvorak by Dan Wood at http://gigliwood.com/abcd/abcd.html and decided to begin converting it into Colemak.

I read a couple posts that people thought the TypeFaster tutorial was too short. This guide has 29 sections and could be a useful addition to the TypeFaster lessons. T

It is not completely converted yet, since it has been taking me awhile since I chose to add some improvements like a word per minute test for each lesson.

Anyway, you can check out the new guide at http://www.tcnj.edu/~gumprec2/Colemakeindex.html , I hope it helps anyone interested in learning Colemak.

I am curious to hear any feedback. Like I said I have not been able to use the TypeFaster program so I have no basis for comparison, but do you think that this guide will be helpful to use or is it too inferior to the TypeFaster program? I do intend on completing the guide, but if it proves not to be helpful I wouldn't want to waste any more time.

Loves until....

PS. Shai I used an image of the Colemak layout for the site and linked it back to colemak.com. If you do not want me to use this image, I will gladly remove it.

Nice! Looks like a useful thing to my eyes – it's not always possible to use programs for instance. But it must be a lot of work adapting everything to Colemak? Good to see people putting in an effort; kudos for that.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Looks nice for a start. 

I could not get it to work on my Mac using Safari or FireFox.  :-(

oh well A for effort. 

good idea.

Last edited by keyboard samurai (15-Mar-2007 01:31:23)

I just wish i had discovered Colemak sooner.

Switching is harder than i thought... I have 100 wpm or more with QWERTY. Compared to that speed,my 45 wpm Colemak looks very poor. But at least it's deadly accurate and comfortable to use.

Nilrem said:

Anyway, you can check out the new guide at http://www.tcnj.edu/~gumprec2/Colemakeindex.html , I hope it helps anyone interested in learning Colemak.

This page no longer exists. 
    Unless it is at a new location, the link needs to be removed from the tutor page.

In either case, the typing tutors page for Colemak should be updated.

• Shai
    • Administrator

I removed the link.