• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • General
  • Possible solution for those missing the caps lock key

Possible solution for those missing the caps lock key

• Started by Ex-qwerty
    • 2 Replies:

I was researching the shortcuts built into windows and found that there are two alternate ways to enable caps lock.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449

Windows Logo+S: Toggles CAPS LOCK on and off

However, that only seems to work when you have the intellikeys software running, as it is under the heading "Microsoft Natural Keyboard with IntelliType software installed".

The second method is to enable sticky keys, and to then enable the option titled "press modifier key twice to lock".  This enables a shift-lock when you press the shift key twice.  This isn't technically the same as caps lock, as it will also lock the shifted symbols on the number keys and the like, but it may be a good solution nonetheless.

You can find the sticky keys settings under the accesibility options.

There may be a similar shift-lock for the sticky keys under the Mac and Linux.

Last edited by Ex-qwerty (16-Mar-2007 22:26:10)

yes on a Mac with sticky keys set you can also get shift-lock by hitting the key twice
    and you hit the key again to turn it off.

I use this all the time now.

I was constantly reaching for the old backspace location to delete characters instead of to the capslock, so what I did was edit the autohotkey's .ahk file and added a line to the end, "Backspace::Capslock" that way my backspace is now caps lock, and this will train me to not go up for backspace rather to the left, since it's easier to reach, I hope my old backspace habits will go away soon and at the same time if I really need the caps lock (which is once in a blue moon) I CAN USE IT ...LOL!

Last edited by AGK (05-Apr-2007 20:10:27)
      • Index
      • General
      • Possible solution for those missing the caps lock key