• You are not logged in.

Virus Free

• Started by NeoMenlo
    • 2 Replies:

Ok... there's a lot of things wrong with the phrase "Virus Free".

First of all, if it has a virus, you aren't going to tell anyone
    Second of all, if you say it doesn't have one, it calls more suspicion to it.

I would reccomend getting it approved by Softpedia, or putting it on sourceforge or something. Both are really good ideas to bring more attention to the project, and it provides a "middle man"

Softpedia gives a really nice image that shows that the software is guaranteed by softpedia not to have any trojans, viruses, adware, spyware, or any malware.

Other ideas?

Last edited by NeoMenlo (14-Apr-2007 17:48:07)

lol that's what i always think when i see ads like "no spyware!"

so, yeah i agree about getting it approved by sourceforge or so

Last edited by vilem (14-Apr-2007 13:38:28)

http://www.softpedia.com/user/submit.shtml

I don't want to just submit it. I think that it is something that Shai should do. I know that it is public domain, but I just don't really feel comfortable with it.

softpedia_free_award_f.gif
    Maybe I'm alone, but when I see that image, I always feel assured that it is what they say it is. Maybe it isn't really because I trust softpedia that much.

You can't just place that image anywhere either. It is meant to have a link around it, to a url like:

http://www.softpedia.com/progClean/iTunes-Clean-6318.html

This brings the user to a page, which is owned by softpedia, that says that it is clean.

NOTE: at the top, they have sections for mac and linux too. These sections tend to be the more neglected ones, so there may be more visibility there.