• You are not logged in.

Colemak for iOS (finally)

• Started by caspersoong
    • 2 Replies:

You might remember me from this thread. https://forum.colemak.com/viewtopic.php?id=1659. About one month in, I am getting quite used to Colemak and loving it.
    This is not my contribution but I would like to let everyone know about this awesome tweak for jailbroken devices made by an awesome developer whom I corresponded with. I hope I am not posting this in the wrong location.
    Colemak has not been available for iOS since the days of iPhoneOS 3.x. But it is available for iOS 6 now and was just released today.
    I emailed iAmharic, a Cydia developer, to request for it and he has kindly made the tweak enabling the Colemak keyboard layout for iOS (jailbroken). Just search for 'Colemak Keyboard' on Cydia.
    I am deeply thankful to iAmharic (that's not his real name) for his effort. He is modest and willing to listen to criticism. He even offered to add my name into the credits, even though I did almost nothing to help him in his developmental effort. He is an awesome developer and I hope he is treated as such. Particularly, his tweak makes it easy to touchtype on iPad for those of us using Colemak.

I hope that you can express gratitude to him as well if it helps you, at his email which can be accessed as well through cydia. I trust that you won't abuse the email address.

Last edited by caspersoong (04-May-2013 13:58:51)

I have just bought an iPad and would like to say thanks to iAmharic and caspersoong.

Now I can hunt and peck with Colemak as well as touch type :-)

Last edited by Tony_VN (19-Jul-2013 07:23:28)

If you can't search it, please add this source to Cydia
    http://planet-iphones.com/cydia/repo/BigBoss

then search again, choose the one with iAmharric as the author