• You are not logged in.

Help Promote Colemak

• Started by NeoMenlo
    • 3 Replies:

I have not tested the majority of these links, since I don't have accounts for these sites.
    I'm pretty sure they work though.

80x15-digg-badge.pngsu_micro.gif | delicious.small.gif | lil_furl_butt.gif | blog_head.png | facebook_share_icon.gif

How YOU can help
    The majority of these links are untested. You can help by testing them to see if they work.
    The majority of these sites, if the links even work, do not have colemak.com in the database. Create a review or discovery about it.
    EVERYONE CAN HELP by clicking the links to the sites that you have accounts on. That may be a lot, that may be none.

Shai: After all these links are confirmed to work, this would be a very good thing to make sticky in the experiences forum.

• Shai
    • Administrator

I find "Bookmark/digg/stumbleupon this page" icons/messages redundant and annoying. People know how to add new bookmarks to their social networking sites already, or they wouldn't be using them. There are dozens of social networking sites, and new ones popping up every day, and you can't add them all without cluttering the webpage.

According to what I see from the logs, social networking sites _reflect_ popularity, but they don't increase popularity unless they make it to the front page of the social networking site, which is unlikely in Colemak's case because an alternative keyboard layout is something that appeals to only a small percent of the population.

I suggest focusing on other ways to advocate the layout.

http://www.maxpower.ca/why-provide-soci … 006/03/19/

It's really something that could be important and, if nothing else, should at least try.

It seems like your main argument against it is the clutter. I do agree that it is annoying and possibly pointless to have all those buttons. On the other hand, I know that I often forget to bookmark something, even if I like it.

What about something more simple/convenient like this? button1-bm.gif

NeoMenlo said:

What about something more simple/convenient like this? https://s3.addthis.com/button1-bm.gif

that's great, all-in-one...