• You are not logged in.

Problem with shortcuts on Colemak keyboard

• Started by pyrrolidine
    • 3 Replies:

I use Colemak layout for my English keyboard. The Ctr+S shortcut is not working, but other like Ctr+C, Ctr+V work fine.
    But when I change the language to another, like Russian or Ukrainian, shortcuts start to work as for QWERTY layout. So, any time when I need Ctr+P, Ctr+S, Ctr+F or any other combination, which has different position of letters with Colemak -  shortcuts don't work.
    Note, that I have no QWERTY layout installed, only the Colemak. I did not try, but I suppose that Dvorak users sholud have the same problem.
    Any ideas how to resolve this?

You should specify your OS and how the shortcuts "aren't working". Are they still where QWERTY has them, moved to their Colemak positions, or gone completely for instance?

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

On my Windows VMs I usually plop a PKL folder into the guest OS. Don't know if that helps you, but this works very well.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Thank you guys for replies and sorry for being not responsive last days.
    I forgot to mention that I use Windows 8.1, but the problem was the same on Win 8.
    The problem is still there, and I have no idea how to fix it. All shortcuts when I use any other language than English - are working like in QWERTY. I have no other English layout installed than Colemak. So each time when I need to use a shortcut when typing in another language - I need to switch the language back to English.