• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • General
  • How fast can you type? Post your highscores!

How fast can you type? Post your highscores!

• Started by shaaniqbal
  • 36 Replies:

I can average 140 wpm, I used http://www.typingstudy.com for learning to type. It's a great free service and also has a speed test.

http://www.typingstudy.com/list_of_free … _resources Here you can choose many free services.

let's see how this html works

badge?user=staggered_keys

i got it. it's bbcode

The fastest that I have gotten in Amphetype is around 57.9 WPM 98% accuracy, average in that app is around 46-49 wpm(kind of depends on the time of day really, I'm a little slower in the mornings than I am later in the day, not a morning person, lol.). It's been a while since I have done any tests on the 10FF site last, so those are still in the 40's on average.

80 wpm is as fast as I ever typed in Qwerty, though I can't type in Qwerty anymore without looking. So, I'm satisfied with my speed, but that's also what's keeping me from progressing. Ideally, I'd like to type 100 wpm in Colemak, but I'm not very motivated because 80 wpm is fast enough.

That fast, and yet you communicate mostly monosyllabically. Wow. ;-)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
*** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

My current max that I have achieved is in the Amphetype app, at 66.8 WPM, but i still average at around 55 WPM or so most of the time.

Methinks JohnCarry is a bot, but me not sure. Check out his posts – iffy. And if he types 145–155 WPM then he could afford more than one word per post. Smells botty...

^ Imo that doesn't look like a bot. More like someone not used to forums (looking at other posts, like his first post in a topic that was inactive since 2007; and also username is just a real name).
Bot would just spam with strange links or have them in signature... or post some ordinary phrases (like his first post).
Bots generally aren't that intelligent to post things related to topic's context (like here - he posts wpm).
(Had to deal with some bots on one forum more than once. Thankfully that forum had restrictions regarding new users, so if bot account somehow got in and posted, it was easy to remove.)

For only the wpm score:
My friend scored 99 at his best yesterday on 10FF with Polish words (he said he'll also take English, but didn't send me the results). As English doesn't have diacritics, his score would be probably better. - And that's for a person who uses qwerty with key hunting and was never taught how to type...
That's why JohnCarry's results are in my opinion possible.

Yup, definitely a bot. Now what? Spam report didn't remove "him"...

Bots these days are about that clever, actually. It's fairly simple to make some obfuscated replies tailored to a list of search terms. "How fast can you type?" is a surprisingly common phrase on the intarwebs. I'm guessing the bot is in its burrowing phase, racking up a post count before making a sig or messages with links.

These reposts give it away, but the gravedigging was a hint too. That's not about being new on forums most of the time, but about crawling. Also the fact that it never replied to the allegations.

At least, we got to judge the Turing test. :-)

Last edited by DreymaR (16-Feb-2015 08:48:43)

No machine has ever successfully passed the Turing test. But I hear there are many instances of humans failing it :)

Using Colemak-DH with Seniply.

What is going on?

• Index
  • General
  • How fast can you type? Post your highscores!