• You are not logged in.

Localizing Colemak for Cyrillic

• Started by dk
    • 2 Replies:
    • dk

One more try to localize Colemak to Cyrillic. The layout called Azbuka is based on the same principles (more use of home row, load balancing, etc.) and leaves punctuation and symbols where they are in Colemak (useful for bilingual users and programmers).
    The overhead is the introduction of AltGr row for infrequet letetrs and non-Russian Cyrillic characters - another solution to fit Latin keyboard for Russian alphabet (33 letters instead of 26 in English).

The layout scheme with description - http://hypertext.su/azbuka-keyboard/azb … o/?lang=en
    Layout files, typing lessons, etc - http://hypertext.su/azbuka-keyboard/azb … d/?lang=en

Also included in downloads is the TypeFaster typing lessons for Colemak with re-worked for rare TypeMatrix keyboard.

The overhead is the introduction of AltGr row for infrequet letetrs and non-Russian Cyrillic characters - another solution to fit Latin keyboard for Russian alphabet (33 letters instead of 26 in English).

Last edited by mohsin147 (16-Sep-2014 07:44:15)

I never heard anything else about this layout. Is it still in use (by anyone else than its creator and a few friends)? :)

Ghen's Rulemak which I also use for Cyrillic script, is for Colemak typists who want to type a little Cyrillic and recognize it as a Colemak layout. This is for proper Russian(?) typing I take it? Then it's not going to be as good for, say, Bulgarian I take it? So it wouldn't be a localization for Cyrillic per se, but for one language using Cyrillic script!

Last edited by DreymaR (26-Aug-2014 10:39:41)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***