• You are not logged in.

OSX Mavericks

• Started by benkennedy
    • 3 Replies:

Hi,

I want to switch my Macbook Pro keyboard running OSX Mavericks to the Colemak keyboard layout. Can someone give me a step by step guide of how to do this? I can't see where I can change it system prefs?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Can you add it like Dvorak?

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH14246

(weirdly, I can't remember doing it like that.)

--
    Physicians deafen our ears with the Honorificabilitudinitatibus of their heavenly Panacaea, their sovereign Guiacum.

Thanks Pinkyache. Like your name. I recently read Josh Kaufman's "The first 20 hours". One of his projects being to teach himself touch typing with Colemak. This in turn inspired me to do the same.But the road has not been an easy one. After a couple of days research on the internet I eventual managed to download Colemak onto my macbook pro. Then I came to a dead stop I couldn't for the life of me figure out how I could actually use.I was just about to give in when I joined this forum as a last resort.And would you Adam and Eve it almost the first question and answer I looked up. the answer was there. The dammed flag at the top of the screen. I do hate it when the answer is staring you(me) in the face.
    Thanks a lot
    I've now purchased a KB Colemak Keyboard Cover to fit my macbook and I'm ready to roll

Welcome, and best of luck!

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***