• You are not logged in.

Tarmak and os x

• Started by MichaelTzu
    • 2 Replies:

Any advise? I am not technical. I have downloaded bundles Tarmak 1.bundle through to 4. I have Colemak already installed. So what do I do with the bundles and how will I switch keyboard layouts? Currently I can just select keyboard Colemak layout from menu bar. How do I implement the Tarmak training?

Help advice greatly appreciated as I want to be able to type as I think and currently way too slow for that.

Michael

Macbook Pro i5 Snow Leopard.

Try these instructions:

http://www.languagegeek.com/keyboard_ge … tion1.html

Then step through the Tarmak steps. Once you get the hang of each step (say 40 WPM+), try to move to the next layout. Playing games like typeracer or similar will help to get your bearings.

Hang on – are those the files with the old progression only? Ghaz, any chance you could add the new "ETROI" steps 3 and 4 to bring us up to date on this project? I don't know the format, unfortunately.

Otherwise, there are files in the Tarmak topic for "KeyRemap4Macbook" with the current Tarmak steps (as well as the old ones). One could of course use the old progression but the new one is recommended!

Last edited by DreymaR (04-Jul-2014 09:27:32)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***