• You are not logged in.

Colemak on blackberry

• Started by ThoBong
    • 3 Replies:

Hi guys.

I am using colemak for like a few months, and it is very good, which make I want to use it on my phone as well. Before I used android which they support colemak layout but recently I just changed to a blackberry passport, and I am wondering if there is any app that allow me to change the layout to colemak?

I really don't recommend using standard keyboard layouts on a touch screen, as they're made for a different situation.

Look into my Colemakoid MessagEase layout instead (from my BigBag topic). That lets you use your knowledge of Colemak but use a superior tech for touch screens.

Or is that one of those thingies with actual keys on it? If so, do you touch type on it (with ten fingers), or just with two thumbs? In the latter case I don't thing it matters a lot. But I'll wager there'd be an app for it nevertheless...

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Yeah I can see your view point, just want to ask if such an app actually exist.

My PP has physical kb, which make the msg much more pleasant, and I want to use colemak layout on it too cause rightnow as I am typing on it I need to look at each button to know what is what.

But well, thanks for the answer, I hope with some more time I would be able to get back to qwerty layout on my phone. All the best.

With my fat fingers (actually probably average sized...), using the blackberry's keyboard is something I try to avoid, because it's just not much fun at all.  Whatever the layout.

--
    Physicians deafen our ears with the Honorificabilitudinitatibus of their heavenly Panacaea, their sovereign Guiacum.