• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Technical
  • Closed keyboad selector, can't reopen; keyboard changes randomly

Closed keyboad selector, can't reopen; keyboard changes randomly

• Started by rechristel
    • 2 Replies:

So, when I'm playing games my keyboard changes randomly to Colemak. I have to then close the game and reopen it to get the game back into QWERTY. Alt+Tabbing and using the keyboard selector by the notification bar (Win7) did not fix it. I then attempted to close the keyboard selector so it would stop changing my keyboard in the game.

Not only does the keyboard still change randomly across all applications, I can't find a way to reopen the keyboard selector. I have no way to change from Colemak to QWERTY and back. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. When I uninstalled, the Colemak layout still persisted, and the random changes still occured. I reinstalled, hoping that the keyboard selector would show up again, but it didn't.

Help me out guys. Am I accidentally hitting a hotkey that changes my layout? How can I reopen the selector? This is pretty damn annoying, as swapping between Colemak and QWERTY is a PITA for gaming. I have to completely rebind all my keys for the game depending on the layout, and I don't want to spend 10 minutes going through menus every time it randomly changes on me.

Figured it out. Couldn't find Language on the Control Panel, found it. Re-enabled the language bar, disabled keyboard shortcuts. Now to see if the random changes occur again. Disregard the above post <3

The only safe layout switching shortcuts in my opinion, are Ctrl+Shift+# where # is a number.

For the next person with this problem: The keyboard settings in Windows 7+ are under Control Panel → Region and Language → Keyboard and Languages tab → Change Keyboards...

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

• Index
      • Technical
      • Closed keyboad selector, can't reopen; keyboard changes randomly