• You are not logged in.

Numpad alt-codes on Colemak?

• Started by nebbii
    • 3 Replies:

I've made the transfer from Qwerty->Colemak about a year ago now and absolutely love it. It feels like every word can be hand rolled comfortably. However, the one thing I've been missing is the ability to produce any symbol I want with ALT+Numpad codes. Is Colemak supposed to not have this feature, or am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to get this neat unappreciated function back?

A conundrum: How can we answer when we don't know how you get Colemak? PKL, reg hack, MSKLC installer?

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Good point, I used the MSKLC Installer (with caps lock backspace).

Ah. Colemak is of course not supposed to break the Alt-#### keypad glyph entry. I didn't know the installer did this.

As far as I can remember, MSKLC doesn't concern itself with the NumPad at all. So I've a feeling that your gripe is with the installer itself? You could try making a layout with the MSKLC program, based on your usual layout (that works with NumPad entry). If that too breaks your numpad entry, that's the answer then. But I don't know.

One thing you could try is to use PKL instead, and get the wonderful Extend mode for your troubles. ;-)

Last edited by DreymaR (09-Dec-2015 15:34:00)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***