• You are not logged in.

Anyone with Atreus skills here?

• Started by DreymaR
    • 9 Replies:

See this post at the Atreus keyboard GitHub repository.

Seems they're adding all sorts of layouts for the Atreus firmware, including inferior layouts like Norman.

Anyone up to adding the Colemak-DH mods so people can make better choices? ;-)

Last edited by DreymaR (22-Jan-2016 15:17:51)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Maybe I'll add it, looks easy to just copy the existing colemak and make modifications.
    Probably you'd only want the full DH mod with this keyboard. With its straight columns, the D and H would be a bit difficult to reach in the corners I think.

Using Colemak Mod-DH with some additional ergonomic keyboard mods.

Cool, SteveP! Kudos on the speedy delivery!

Could you please do "my" variant too? Since yours is the "DH-mod", mine could be "DH-lightmod" or something.

Oh, scratch that. There are reasons. To be completely honest, I had temporarily forgotten the hardware layout of the Atreus, lol! :-p

Indeed, for that board your variant is the right one. Also, less confusing with one than two variants.

Last edited by DreymaR (22-Jan-2016 16:43:52)

Dear DreymaR,

I'm thinking of installing Colemak-DH on my Atreus keyboard. However, I have the PCBDOWN version and I'm scared of messing with it. Do you know of anyone who's created a .hex file (such as those at https://atreus.technomancy.us/download)  that I can use to flash the Atreus microcontroller?

Thank you very much for your great work!

Techmo

Oh, by the way, where does the single quotation sign (') go on the Atreus? There's no key after the 'o'!

No, I really don't know unless you can use SteveP's commit or this: https://config.qmk.fm/#/atreus/LAYOUT

SteveP put the apostrophe on a thumb key next to Enter from what I can see? Apostrophe and hyphen are quite important keys for text entry.

The best place to ask might be the #hardware channel at the Colemak Discord.

Last edited by DreymaR (15-May-2020 13:34:16)

I just realised that Atreus github project is now deprecated in favour of the QMK project, hence techmoerror220's link.

I have backed the recent Keyboardio Atreus on Kickstarter, so should be getting one of these myself in the next few months! So I'll also need to look at that configuration tool at some point.

Mind you I do think it would be better if this keyboard had one extra column on each side though. I guess apostrophe will just have to go in a layer.

Last edited by stevep99 (15-May-2020 13:53:26)

Thank you both for your answers! Yes, the apostrophe must be on the second layer, which is quite inconvenient as I even use it to insert accented characters in Emacs... oh well, looking forward to knowing what you do with the Atreus, stevep99!

Sorry, my miskake! The apostrophe and the hyphen are on the second and third keys on the bottom row, starting from the right hand corner, just like in qwerty... Great, so I've just flashed the standard Colemak to be found here (https://atreus.technomancy.us/download), time to learn it cold turkey!