• You are not logged in.

keyboard

• Started by Vicuna
    • 6 Replies:

what's the best keyboard that has a number pad? would like a custom one.

have the hhkb2 but need a number pad so I'm a little spoiled and need some nice keys. will I like the realforce? or is there an awesome custom one I can get?

I love my Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate. Not sure what you mean by a "custom one" but the keys are blank so you can make them be whatever you want in software. For example, I changed the "plus" key to be a "comma."

I hear good things about WASD and they will hardwire any custom layout into your keyboard.

Last edited by jonhines (25-Jan-2016 21:34:03)

I know lots of people here are fans of programming/function/Extend-layer, adding extra keys on top of your regular keys by using a modifier key. Perhaps check out Dreymar's Extend thread and save your money for something else?

thanks...I def need a keypad for lots of number entry. love the extend layers.

I might just get the realforce keypad and another hhkb instead.

I'll check out the das

(I left my Das in another office.  I really best go get it!  My Thinkpad keyboard has turned horribly mushy and isn't any longer nice to type on - it's quite heavy going.)

--
    Physicians deafen our ears with the Honorificabilitudinitatibus of their heavenly Panacaea, their sovereign Guiacum.

I don't own a WASD mechanical keyboard, but I've tested one with Cherry MX blue switches. It typed like a dream. You can also highly customize the layout, individual key colors and icons. Check out the gallery on the WASD site.

Wish my keyboard would type for me. ;)

--
    Physicians deafen our ears with the Honorificabilitudinitatibus of their heavenly Panacaea, their sovereign Guiacum.