• You are not logged in.

Progress graph 3 Years Later

• Started by Twoddle
    • 4 Replies:

3 months prior to learning Colemak I learnt to touch type Qwerty then decided to switch to Colemak cold-turkey.

This was the Qwerty graph.

NijIlwG.png?1

3 Years after transitioning to Colemak and 10000 typeracer games later plus thousands of races on other sites.

h5wxdJR.png fjwuhKg.png

Note I don't quit mid-race if I'm doing badly or don't like the text like all the 100+ wpm people :-1.

Last edited by Twoddle (25-May-2016 22:49:32)

wow - 4090 races in 3 months - that is obscene! ~135 races per day! painful qwerty fingers i imagine?

now only 2wpm off megaracer - good going

its sad when that initial ramp levels off - if only the same rate of progress could be maintained, we'd all be 1000wpm+ typists

progress is hard won from 60wpm onwards for sure

Well the Qwerty account was created on 11th March 2013 and the Colemak account on the 12th June 2013 so yeah I must have been that active initially; 4090/93 days = ~44 races/day. Maybe there's a week or so of practicing Qwerty before I made the account to get to 40 wpm.

I remember having a long plateau at 64 wpm that you can see, maybe because I was actually trying too hard to improve.

keybr.com was a great site I spent time on to learn although I preferred the legacy site to the new one. Also used the Amphetype software a lot and wrote my own version of it.

i liked the heatmaps that the old keybr.com spat out

and I don't like the new version either, don't use it anymore

ignore my maths - i now realise theres more than 30 days in 3 months

Last edited by bph (26-May-2016 12:16:56)

That's a lot of races! Grats on that, and your good progress.

What did you do with Amphetype? It's interesting to see what improvements people have made. Its maker has left it, I think.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***