• You are not logged in.

Alternative lessons

• Started by vilem
    • 7 Replies:

Since no-one seems to be bothered to look at the 'technical' section, I shall re-post my idea into this forum:

I always had slight difficulty typing a whole bunch of words in the cmk lessons, which contained two newly introduced letters that were both on the same row (excluding home row letters). For example the lesson that introduces F and U (#6) makes me mix up both keys frequently (during the lesson only).  Therefore, I have made an alternative lesson–that would be lesson 5–for V and L, to try how it compares. What do you think?

toil lithe vivid oiled less live sold vent lever slid levee dive slat slit
    raven vain hall naval oven valet voodoo still lotto vet dial hill land
    oven vote lead vain solid shave saver old lone vie ale nill novella loose
    evident let vale have alone eve volt lost navel line vase vole last vane elusive
    install love sole tall vista total dove loot save devil vile venal stilton lilo
    vote lot vole even loads loan levels vernon several novel varies sensitive relative hold

Last edited by vilem (11-Jul-2007 13:51:36)

Ah, it is not that people don't look in the other forum I think? I looked at your post for sure. But since I'm not using lessons and didn't have any opinions on the matter I didn't reply. I will reply now, but only to let you see that I did read your post before. However, I think it's great that the subject is given enthusiastic and thoughtful attention, and hope you do make whatever improvements are there to be made.  :)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Oh, I see, it's just that people don't care, not that they didn't see it! ;D

Haha; I care about your efforts and wish you the best of luck. I'm just too clueless to contribute.  :D

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

I care too.   I practiced typing through it.  I just feel I didn't have anything interesting to say in response.

I also saw it first in the Technical section. 

The finger of the opposite handing moving first had been a real general problem for me but it seems to be fading with time and everyday usage of the layout.  I had and sometimes still do have a problem with D and  H.  G could become D, etc.  but it all seems to be getting better.

Well, good to see people aren't having too much of a problem with the way the lessons are now, so that's good; saves me time too! =P

I also saw it but didn't think it applied to me, since I didn't notice any difficulties during the lessons. I'm sure this might come in handy for the beginners, but since I have done those lessons so many times, it's second nature to me now. Also, I haven't done the lessons in a while, since I've been busy... so I don't really remember if I have difficulties or not.

Last edited by AGK (11-Jul-2007 23:48:42)

Okay guys, it's not like I felt offended or something, I thought you seriously didn't look at 'em!