• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • General
  • How to get the Amphetype Analysis tab working?

How to get the Amphetype Analysis tab working?

• Started by n3p3nth3
    • 3 Replies:

Hi there,

new Colemak convert here, currently trying my hands on the DBGHK mod by DreymaR:)
    I've been using the Colemak lessons here for a while, but after reading some posts here, decided that a more focused program like Amphetype would be more effective.
    For the record, I've generated some lessons based on some input from this forum - they show up correctly on the Sources tab. So far I've trained a couple of hours, and on the Performance tab I could see the sessions.
    But the Analysis tab remains empty no matter how many times I press "Update List", am I missing something here?
    I tried both the version from github which requires Python, QT etc., and the binary version 0.13 from Google. They behave pretty much the same, all the tabs work as expected, except for the Analysis tab.
    Is it working for you guys?

Billy

Ahhh, just realized there are some settings on the Preference tab that seem to affect this - "Save statistics from generated lessons"
    Problem solved!:)

Glad you solved it yourself! And best of luck with your endeavours! :-)

Maybe I should add a tip in my Amphetype topic to this effect.

Actually, in my Amphetype that box is unticked and my Analysis tab works fine. Maybe there's something else you did? Then again, I mostly type texts, not generated lessons.

I only have checked "Show last result(s) above text in the Typer" on that tab. Go figure.

Last edited by DreymaR (14-Mar-2017 15:49:15)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Hi DreymaR, thanks for your tip, and MANY, MANY thanks for the wealth of resources you provided in this forum, it's like a treasure cove for a beginner!!!
    I think you might be right, that checkbox seems to affect the generated lessons only - which is what I started with, someone starting with text input might not even notice.
    And once you have some statistics in there, it's much harder to notice any changes.

• Index
      • General
      • How to get the Amphetype Analysis tab working?