• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • General
  • Just for fun--Chinese pinyin frequency table.

Just for fun--Chinese pinyin frequency table.

• Started by sensui
    • 4 Replies:

7d82771ely1ffd8iu9aaoj20go0am0u3.jpg
    7d82771ely1ffd8j7vhiwj20go09mmxm.jpg

Do you have anything want  to say?
    :)

Ne hao? ^_^

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

DreymaR said:

Ne hao? ^_^

Hi, very nice, (●˘◡˘●)

It is interesting, yes. How many people type a lot of Pinyin?

Notable is the high frequency of Z and the low frequencies of T and R. Depending on how much English vs Pinyin you type, you might want to do something. If you type English at all, moving the T to a bad position just won't do – and it'll easily create some very bad n-grams. It might be possible to swap Z and R if you feel the need to? But it's a slippery slope, as Colemak is a well-tuned machine. You might easily screw up something important for English.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

DreymaR said:

It is interesting, yes. How many people type a lot of Pinyin?

Notable is the high frequency of Z and the low frequencies of T and R. Depending on how much English vs Pinyin you type, you might want to do something. If you type English at all, moving the T to a bad position just won't do – and it'll easily create some very bad n-grams. It might be possible to swap Z and R if you feel the need to? But it's a slippery slope, as Colemak is a well-tuned machine. You might easily screw up something important for English.

Many people use pinyin, probably 500 million, and we just use 'English(US)' to type Chinese, maybe the IME make people forget about the layout.
    And  I  have tried to swap j and q, I did not want to change home row and zxcv,, just like you said, I might screw up something, but later I found it does not help too much.
    You know just j and q changing,  what can it do than the origin.
    Then I tried to design a new layout,
    7d82771ely1ffif23vi7lj20n2082dgf.jpg

I test it on patorjk.com/keyboard-layout-analyzer ,  it has some advantages, like decreasing right hand using, but do not has notable improvements than colemak.
    So I give up.
    One thing I learnt from the designing is, the combination of vowel  of Chinese pinyin,  like, ao, ai, au, iu, ie, ei, ia,ui, makes it hard to be organized .
    Second thing, designing a new layout is not a easy thing, there are too much considerations.

Now I just use the original colemak, forget about these pinyin optimization.

Last edited by sensui (12-May-2017 05:26:04)
      • Index
      • General
      • Just for fun--Chinese pinyin frequency table.