• You are not logged in.

BULPKM layout?

• Started by lupacexi
    • 6 Replies:

I've seen a few references to an older, now deprecated CarpalX layout that was apparently replaced with the current set of "full optimization" layouts.  Does anyone know what was it like?  And was it a single layout, or a family like the current CarpalX layouts?  I've tried some web searches, but they led to nothing in terms of information really.  I didn't even see a trace of history at the CarpalX site, which is kind of odd considering it has so much information on other older and obscure layouts.  And even something as relatively useless as TNWMLC!

Hehe, I think that bag of layouts is a bit musty by now. The optimized ones seemed nice enough, but nothing really special. And they usually moved more keys than Colemak and had less support etc etc.

It seems "easy" to churn out a lot of layouts that are good, or at least decent. They'll be very dependent on your effort model, and there's a bunch of possible ones that are almost equally good for practical purposes. Hard to choose one, then! ;-)

As I recall it, BULPKM was one layout.

Last edited by DreymaR (18-Sep-2017 16:09:35)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Duplicate: https://forum.colemak.com/topic/1625-bulpkm-layout/ (interestingly, starting post content is exactly the same)

OMG, you're right Piotr. So this wasn't gravedigging but a spambot. They keep getting more deviously constructed, the basterds.

Last edited by DreymaR (10-Oct-2017 11:34:22)

DreymaR said:

OMG, you're right Piotr. So this wasn't gravedigging but a spambot. They keep getting more deviously constructed, the basterds.

So you think it's an effort to get internet points enough to seem legit before it starts spamming?

We've had a steady flow of those. The first ones were really transparent. But the later generations do just what you say: Quote some older posts, maybe mix it up just a little and throw in some generic enthusiastic svada. But no links... yet. I suppose that either they're just scouting or they'll change their signature in a while. Or they're buggy and their intended spamming doesn't work as intended.

Either way, to hell with the lot. ;-)

Let them burn ;)