• You are not logged in.

Virtual keyboard for tablets - has a Colemak version (not free)

• Started by asetniop
    • 5 Replies:

Sorry to be self-promotional, but I'm hoping this might interest some of you that can remember my occasional visits for guidance on making my system Colemak-friendly.  I'm launching the Android and iOS version of my keyboard (ASETNIOP) today (January 3, 2018) and wanted to share the news.

Here's a brief introductory video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCbGAW-viJU

And here's a javascript version you can play around with (select "English-Colemak" in the language dropdown on the lower left): http://asetniop.com/try/keyboard/

Try the WPM test and see how well you can do!

Enjoy!

Attachments:

why apologise for something then do it anyway?

Because you realize that it may annoy some people, but you still choose to do it because the perceived gains are bigger than the perceived costs. ;-)

It's okay in my book. ASETNIOP and particularly its Colemak-based variant are an interesting addition to the layout flora. Not exactly my cuppa I believe, but interesting!

Far more annoying is posting images as attachments instead of in img tags. Grrr.

Last edited by DreymaR (12-Jan-2018 09:48:56)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

well its very british to apologise profusely for everything - so I guess its fine?

I was having fun playing around with asetniop some years ago, it's fun, but makes more sense on a touchscreen or a place where you only have have space for a tiny keyboard I think. It's so much faster to type on a full keyboard otherwise. On a phone I'm not really convinced that it's big enough to comfortably write like that, but on a tablet it probably makes the most sense.

I have a problem with asetniop. I like the idea, but I can not use it on tablet's screen. For touch typing I need physical keys, I can not touch type on the glass. Without touch typing it does not make much sense for me. Link with javascript is the only place where I can use it comfortably because I can use my keyboard there.