• You are not logged in.

Hope someone here can help out

• Started by mikebigball
    • 8 Replies:

Or so I think that's what it called. I have been a happy Colemak user for the past two years. But there are still some letters on the keyboard that I don't get perfect when I am typing. On those times I do have perfect typing I get about 90 wpm not so perfect 65-70 wpm.

I am asking the users on this forum for help. I have read some posts here on "blind typing" were you look at pages of text and another program to type in the text. The second program will be hidden by the way.

Is this the only way to do blind typing or are there variations of this? I am eager to know other people's solutions to this.

I just feel I should be faster and more accurate about now. Hope someone here can help out. Thank you.

Let us know what letters are the matter! And whether they are a general problem or mostly in specific words/n-grams.

Check out my Amphetype topic. That's what I use to rack up mileage, and I feel it has done wonders for my flow. But it didn't happen overnight! Luckily, I did it in the company of great literature like Alice Through The Looking Glass, Lovecraft and Machiavelli.

I think that good typing will become "blind" to the keyboard automatically as flow increases. I only look at the text I'm typing and that's as it should be. When typing text with Amphetype you'll have to look mainly at the text you're going to type – with practice you'll develop a little look-ahead buffer! Again, flow makes this possible, as you start to trust what you're typing and don't need to pause between words anymore.

Most importantly though, don't sweat it. We all have our individual progress. I feel I've learnt terribly slowly as I started with Colemak ten years ago and can't properly type 80 WPM yet. I think 80–85 WPM may be my personal top speed, all in all. I'll get there! But that means you may be 5 WPM faster than me inherently, and others are 50+.

Last edited by DreymaR (10-Jan-2018 10:06:40)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Typeracer did it for me.

I could get to 120+WPM on standard Colemak.

I'm consistently between 75-100 now on CAW but after having moved things around my speed feels significantly worse. The comfort is worth it though and it's not bad enough to force myself to practice everyday again.

But practice practice practice will do it. Jam to a favorite playlist and try to find a rhythm in common bigrams. The speed will climb logarithmicly over time.

Last edited by juice43 (11-Jan-2018 18:08:32)

I use ColemakDH. Colemak's still good
    Dreymar's Big Bag of Tricks. I thank him for help & custom installations

Practice is good, and pure mileage is good. Juice will reclaim his old speeds and eventually surpass them, but with even more comfort. Yay. ;-)

I'm really fond of comfort while writing, and there isn't really much coming close to what caw does :)

CAW!!! ^_^

C.A.W. :p

C.A.W.!!! :-þ

I see it stands for Creativity At Work, among other things. Neat!

DreymaR said:

C.A.W.!!! :-þ

I see it stands for Creativity At Work, among other things. Neat!

CAW      Council of American Witches

Definetely this one c," )