• You are not logged in.

switch to Colemak mod dh wide was worth it

• Started by wesam
    • 4 Replies:

Almost a year ago (July), I did my homework/research to find the best, not just a better layout than qwerty (that's easy), I was lucky to get it right first time with Colemak mod dh wide.
    before, I never passed 60WPM with qwerty,
    my typing speed recovered to my qwerty average in less than 5 months (first two higher learning speed), I just worked, rarely had the conscious training session to focus on fixing bad touch typing habits etc.,
    later past that even more rarely,
    my typing speed improved almost naturally.
    here's a result for a typing test I did on the 20th.
    cxasrzw.png

Last edited by wesam (25-Jun-2018 19:49:33)

How did I forget to thank DreymaR and Stevep99..
    as they were who replied to my only 2 posts,
    and I use their AHK scripts for the extend layer and KLC file (I modified) for the layout.

Glad you're happy with your layout!

When you use Colemak-DH you're using both the Curl and Angle mods, and with wide you have the whole Colemak-CAW! So if you want a more awesomer name for it, there it is. ;-)

Last edited by DreymaR (25-Jun-2018 20:40:45)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

wesam said:

Almost a year ago (July), I did my homework/research to find the best, not just a better layout than qwerty (that's easy), I was lucky to get it right first time with Colemak mod dh wide.
    my typing speed recovered to my qwerty average in less than 5 months (first two higher learning speed), I just worked, rarely had the conscious training session to focus on fixing bad touch typing habits etc.,

You seem to have started a little before me, and going for the same layout as well ;) Great choices :p I'm really content as well, I actually feel it the most when I'm typing on a laptop keyboard, it's by no means feeling as cramped anymore, and just that's a great win for the times that I have to use the laptop keyboard.

Good work on your speed! I'm slowly gaining, but I mostly get ~70WPM, so you're quite a bit ahead, keep on going and focus on accuracy and you'll smash that again in a couple of months! I guarantee you :)

wesam said:

here's a result for a typing test I did on the 20th.
    https://i.imgur.com/cxasrzw.png

Congrats on the speed - and on the layout choice of course :-P
    My best is also around 80, so have reached about the same speed as me.

Last edited by stevep99 (26-Jun-2018 17:36:45)

Using Colemak-DH with Seniply.