• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • General
  • GMK Pulse is MY first GMK set with a colevrak kit. Thanks Mito & Drop

GMK Pulse is MY first GMK set with a colevrak kit. Thanks Mito & Drop

• Started by rominronin
    • 6 Replies:

...and it looks glorious on my upcoming TSUKA60 PCB, compatible with standard 60% cases:

RZ3z6HO.jpg

The two 'Alt' keys are actually shift keys. The 'Tab' in the middle is actually a backspace. I'm using the (DreymaR) bag of tricks with that Fn switch on the left of home-row, but the backspace in the middle is useful when mouse-deleting stuff

I don't have a specific function for that 'Shift' in the centre yet, I might just use it as a second enter (again, for the one-hand-and-a-mouse functionality). I'm open to ideas though ;)

The space is actually a space-fn, activating a shift layer for symbols and f1-f12, among other media functions etc.

indulgent imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/NyZJEfG

Looking good! ♪~╰(*°▽°*)╯~♪

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

This is what typewriters should have been like from the beginning. It looks like there's a 25% offset on each row, which would allowed the typewriter levers to operate properly (except the number row which would have needed modifying).

Would be quite curious to try a keyboard like this. My only issue would be the huge single space bar though.

Last edited by stevep99 (30-Jan-2020 15:59:01)

Using Colemak Mod-DH with some additional ergonomic keyboard mods.

stevep99 said:

Would be quite curious to try a keyboard like this. My only issue would be the huge single space bar though.

Well, if that's your ONLY issue... ;)

The supported bottom rows of the PCB I'm going to make are as follows:

WSHJqj1.png

What about 3×2.5u for the space bar area? It'd look nice with the center column having a slightly widening "fundament", while making the middle key just a little bit more accessible. I'm pretty sure 2.5u is plenty enough width for a space bar, really. But I don't know key caps, maybe 2.5u keys aren't a thing for all I know.

Last edited by DreymaR (31-Jan-2020 11:11:03)

DreymaR said:

I'm pretty sure 2.5u is plenty enough width for a space bar, really.

The spacebars on my Ergo Pro are 2.5u each, and I can confirm it's plenty (but they are non-standard). It would also depend on the positioning though - as you say the having a small middle button might still be hard to reach.

That's really my problem now, I have become spoilt by the pretty much perfect bottom row on my current keyboard and so can't help but find fault on other keyboards, even when they look good like this one. 

Fair play on the range of options for the bottom row, it's good to see different configurations being possible.

Last edited by stevep99 (31-Jan-2020 14:43:01)

Using Colemak Mod-DH with some additional ergonomic keyboard mods.

Actually... pushing the Alt keys to the sides may not be the best of ideas given how much we like to use them. So I'd like to see for instance 2/2.5/2 u then. The remaining 1u could be taken in by the GUI/Win keys if possible?

I realize that my old-school IBM/Unicomp board has a 5.5u space bar and my ThinkPad's space bar is 5u. I really like not having to move the thumb too much back and forth between Space and AltGr.

Last edited by DreymaR (31-Jan-2020 16:01:53)

• Index
      • General
      • GMK Pulse is MY first GMK set with a colevrak kit. Thanks Mito & Drop