• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • General
  • Group Buy for Colemak+ keyset compatibility

Group Buy for Colemak+ keyset compatibility

• Started by rominronin
    • 5 Replies:

Here's a direct link: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105239

The colours are standard GMK WoB (GMK keyset, the colour is White on Black), the keyset support many alternative layouts (Colemak, Colemak DH, Workman etc.).

For those like me who are screaming out for accurate legends on their keyboards, THIS IS THE TIME TO BUY IN.

You will need a set of GMK WoB, which is available to buy on drop.com several times a year (or you can dip into the second hand market at reddit.com/r/mechmarket).

Show your support for the alt.layout people out there!

Does it support Colemak-CAWS? ;-)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Looks nice. You can do the current DH and the original version (DHm) with it.

One thing I'm not clear on though is what about all the default (Qwerty) keys?

rp6ADgR.png

Last edited by stevep99 (03-Apr-2020 15:04:56)

Using Colemak Mod-DH with some additional ergonomic keyboard mods.

You can actually do some CurlAngleWide variants with that. I just realize that I'm moving beyond these days...

For my Symbol-QuMn mod I now need a R1 backslash and R2 hyphen-minus; slash and equals are on their original rows. The simpler Symbol-Qu mod only uses R2 apostrophe (and R3 semicolon) so it's fine with this kit.

My (Angle)Wide mod is mostly fine but not totally: R3 ]} and R2 ?/ are in the kit but not R4 \|.

Backslash not a very common key so maybe it could just be a little off in the middle of the board, I don't know. I'd like a proper R2 minus key though.

@SteveP: You'll need a standard set of caps too, it says so in the top post. This kit contains only the keys that move around from standard US QWERTY.

Last edited by DreymaR (03-Apr-2020 15:54:01)

stevep99 said:

Looks nice ... One thing I'm not clear on though is what about all the default (Qwerty) keys?

Yeah, you need to buy the GMK WoB set, it was recently on Drop.com, and appears on that site multiple times in the year.

stevep99 said:

You can do the current DH and the original version (DHm) with it.

So is there an up-to-date break-down of the 'current DH' you mentioned? If there has been a community led philosophical improvement, I want to know ;)

There's a breakdown in the BigBag under 'Colemak-DH', and also on SteveP's pages. In short, DHm and the current DH only differ in the M and K being swapped.

Last edited by DreymaR (14-Apr-2020 14:25:34)

• Index
      • General
      • Group Buy for Colemak+ keyset compatibility