• You are not logged in.

AutoHotKey problem

• Started by jag50
    • 1 Replies:

The 'StickyKeys' function is accessed in 'Windows XP' by going to the 'Start Menu' then 'Control Panel'
    then 'Accessibility Options' 

'Autohotkeys' does not work well with the 'StickyKeys' function.
      For example if I want to capitalise just the first letter by pressing
    shift once and then the letter, one at time, it only works for some of the letters. 

These letters are the ones in the QWERTY position.  So it will capitalise the first
    letter of the word I am typing which is 'AQWZXCVBMH' but NOT 'RSTDNEIOFPGJLUY' which are in the Colemak position.

I have tried the UK keyboard layout and the US keyboard layout but to no effect.

Please help!

Last edited by jag50 (06-Oct-2007 20:16:33)

AutoHotKey provides what I see as more of a quick fix than a general solution. If you want a remapping that's robust and general, use the keyboard layout instead. I'm using the AHK solution only for a portable way of getting Colemak on other computers than my own, by inserting and autorunning a USB drive.

That being said, it should be entirely possible to rewrite the AHK code to make it work with StickyKeys unless Windows has done something really really strange. I just never heard of anyone needing it before (I'm assuming you really need to use StickyKeys). But my already started projects have a slow enough progress as it is, so I simply won't say that I'll do it for you.

If you do know your way around AHK, email me and I'll give you a few hints.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***