• You are not logged in.

Colemak on iPad

• Started by karmacashflow
    • 2 Replies:

Hey all,

So I have a brand new iPad Pro and a bluetooth keyboard for it. While I can get a Colemak keyboard on the screen, I am having MASSIVE issues trying to connect my actual bluetooth keyboard and use it in a Colemak layout. It is only allowing the bluetooth Keyboard to work in QWERTY but not in Colemak. Anyone able to solve this problem?

P.S. I just decided yesterday to switch to Colemak all out. Didn't even know about it until 3 days ago. ?

Yeah, the on-screen software keyboard is a separate thing from connected hardware. You'll need to install something that will support connected physical keyboard (either via USB or bluetooth). I have done this on Android, but unfortunately my knowledge IPad/IPhone is pretty non-existent, hopefully someone else with Apple knowledge can advise...

Last edited by stevep99 (31-Jan-2021 14:25:37)

Using Colemak-DH with Seniply.

Meanwhile, on screen I recommend using MessagEase or a similar touch-screen optimized board. See the BigBag – not sure if you can customize it as much on iPhone but the default setup is very good anyway.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***