• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Technical
  • How to install colemak CAW mod on linux and switch between qwerty

How to install colemak CAW mod on linux and switch between qwerty

• Started by Shiv
    • 1 Replies:

How to install Colemak Dh CAW on linux and revert back to normal qwerty on linux.
    when i try to run commands i cant set it up properly also my layout do chages with wide mod but i cant revert back to qwerty and f i try the qwerty gets messed up with wide mod.
    so i need a proper step by step guide so i can install it on KDE NEON as i dont see mod layout option in gui though it is based on ubunutu.
    i want to be able to switch between layouts, also if i can learn a simple foolproof method so i could use it on other computers get my work done and revert the settings?
    Basically like i will help someone in their computer and when work gets done i will recommend them to use colemak with mod as i have already set up if they agree its free publicity for colemak and satisfaction that they wont be hurting thier hands with qwerty. if they deny then i will remove it. But being able to change b/w layout seamlessly will be a huge deal.
    Basically i want to be a open source developer so i can help others like they helped me and the fact that colemak -dh with other omods can be ergonomic and much better then qwerty could be a great dael in helping others.

Last edited by Shiv (19-Mar-2021 09:57:06)

What I would do would be to use QWERTY with the Wide mod. But that may be undesirable for others. In that case, maybe you want to edit the symbols/colemak file (if you used my files) yourself to include a Wide mod in the basic layout and then run it without a Wide mod as a model. Same story with the Angle mod.

Another way is to run a setxkbmap command that changes both the keyboard layout and model components. If your keyboard is ANSI for instance, you want to use pc104 with QWERTY and my ergo-modded pc104 model with Colemak-CAW like my setxkb.sh script uses.

The "simple foolproof method" for other computers is to get a USB-2-USB QUICKIE, or a programmable keyboard. Then you don't have to worry about the other computer's OS at all. For Windows computers though, it's very easy to run the EPKL program portably.

Last edited by DreymaR (19-Mar-2021 10:07:56)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

• Index
      • Technical
      • How to install colemak CAW mod on linux and switch between qwerty