• You are not logged in.

Mac OS X shortcuts

• Started by tlong
    • 4 Replies:

I installed the Colemak .keylayout file just fine, but several of my applications do not respond to shortcut keystrokes. Command-O for "open" works fine in one of my apps with any layout included in the International section, but custom-built layouts like this Colemak file get no response; I type Cmd-O, Cmd-S, Cmd-Q, etc. and nothing happens. Is there a problem in the way custom-built layouts are encoded? My only other solution to implement this layout is to use a keystroke-juggling program like QuicKeys, and what happens if the company that makes that program goes belly-up? I'm sunk and have to switch back to QWERTY.

Please tell me if anyone knows how to program a custom .keylayout file in such a way that apps respond to its shortcut keystrokes.

What system are you using? All cmd shortcuts work fine for me.

I am on OS X 10.4.10 on a G5.

That is very strange indeed..
    Are you perhaps using a non-apple keyboard and/or some keystroke filtering app?

I am using OS X 10.4.10 on a Macbook and have done nothing special and all those shortcuts you mention have always worked just fine.   Something strange is going on.