• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • General
  • Could someone guide me on Transitioning to Colemak Layout?

Could someone guide me on Transitioning to Colemak Layout?

• Started by roberrtt
    • 2 Replies:

Hello there,

I'm considering making the switch to the Colemak keyboard layout and I'd love to hear from those who have already made the transition. I've been using QWERTY for most of my life, but I've become increasingly aware of the potential benefits of Colemak in terms of typing speed, comfort, and ergonomics.

Also, I have a few questions:

What motivated you to switch to Colemak, and how has your experience been since making the transition?

How long did it take you to become proficient in Colemak, and what challenges did you face during the learning process?

Hoping for a quick response.

Thankyou in advance.

My advice would be to check out my BigBag pages. Lots of info there, on the Index and Training pages for instance.

One special tip I'll give you is to take a look at using the Extend modifier/layer(s). It's a wonderful addition, and can be used regardless of layout change.

Also the Community page at https://www.colemak.org if you're interested.

How long it takes, varies greatly from person to person. It depends on your learning/training habits, former typing skill, and a lot of other things.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Thankyou for the reply first of all mate as I have gone through the link you have shared:- https://www.colemak.org. and found it very much useful and informative. I am surely gonna bookmark this one.

Last edited by roberrtt (19-Mar-2024 07:48:30)
      • Index
      • General
      • Could someone guide me on Transitioning to Colemak Layout?