• You are not logged in.

Website Security Flaw

• Started by Systox
    • 3 Replies:

I love the challange of learning a new layout. I'm only 16 so it will be easier for me. I encourage every one to try this!

Just wanted to let you know that everyone has admin on the main website. = (

• Shai
    • Administrator

The idea is that anyone can add or improve the website, like Wikipedia.
    If there will be more abuse than positive contributions, I'll disable anonymous editing.

Update: I've disabled editing in the wiki. E-mail me if want anything changed in the website.

Last edited by Shai (21-Dec-2005 18:42:51)

I'm impressed with how hard it is to improve on your layout, especially around the central columns. But before I convert, two 'qwestions'...

1: Is there some good reason why it's not QFWP, so all the common SW words will roll instead of sharing the ring finger?

2: If I download W98 & Linux maps, is there a simple way I can make this FW for WF swap?

I'm also looking at children's and super mini keyboards to lessen the finger travel, and perhaps so neutralize the ills of QWERTY -- that I can avoid the masochistic transition. Any thoughts on this approach? I'll probably use a smaller keyboard, Colemak or not

Last edited by ColdMack (20-Jan-2006 23:49:30)
    • Shai
    • Administrator

The main reason is to reduce the same-finger ratio. SW is not very common, and putting F and R on the same finger will highly increase the same finger ratio. So this change will move more keys, will increase the same finger ratio, and move the Ctrl-W shortcut (close window).

On Windows the easiest way is to use Keyboard Layout Manager Medium (https://www.klm32.com/) to make changes in the layout. On Linux it's a simple matter of editing the file with a text editor.

(BTW: you should use "Post new topic" instead of replying in an existing thread if it's not related to the thread)