• You are not logged in.

Just converted from dvorak

• Started by faemir
    • 3 Replies:

After spending ~2 weeks on dvorak I am pretty frustrated at copy paste cut etc but cannot face going back to qwerty. Finding the /. article on colemak I decided to give it a try. After installing it on my desktop that has Arch Linux on it I'm just starting some ktouch excercises and, well here I am =D It's not really bad as I'm in holidays, and I have got the patience after learning dvorak. It's kinda crazy having three layouts in my head though :P

Watch this space for updates!

Last edited by faemir (11-Feb-2008 14:56:44)

Welcome!  There is a lot of great stuff on this site.  Look around and read through some of the other Experiences threads for a little inspiration and motivation.   You will see you are in good company and what's ahead if you stick with it.  Look forward to seeing your updates.

You'll pretty likely find you learn Colemak a lot quicker than Dvorak too. It took me about three days of evenings only on Colemak to get as far as I got after three weeks of cold turkey on Dvorak. The fact that you have some time to spare to switch totally also should give you a pretty good boost.

Day two - I'm getting ~14 wpm at the moment but haven't done much typing.

The layout feels very nice on my hands though, even nicer than dvorak ;)