• You are not logged in.

Linux + CapsLock

• Started by pothi
    • 2 Replies:

Hi,

I have no problems using colemak in windows.
    At the same time, I have Suse10.3 with colemak installed already.

My issue is, I really miss my capslock in linux, especially while using mysql.

Can anyone help me to get capslock functionality either in text mode or in graphical mode(I'm using KDE)?It could be sth like using F12/F11/ScrollLock as CapsLock.

If you are using the keymap that is including with the new X releases apparently BackSpace is mapped to Caps Lock.  If not then look for your XkbLayout in your xorg.conf, and then go to the file at /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/{layout-filename} and add whichever key you would like in the key <CAPS> section.

Hi rockinchado,

I did as per your instructions, and it works so well.

Thanks a lot.

In my part after some research, I was able to get CapsLock functionality in textmode too. In textmode, I edited the file colemak*.kmap given in the download section in colemak.com and got the CapsLock functionality. Now, I am facing a different problem in text mode. In text mode, if I type using the CAPSLOCK 'on', the 'o' doesn't change to 'O'. It remains as a small letter. I have to use the Shift+o to get 'O', even if the CAPSLOCK is 'ON'. Though this is a minor issue, any idea to solve it?

Last edited by pothi (20-Feb-2008 15:56:22)