• You are not logged in.

QWERTY by day, Colemak by night

• Started by fizzatbeyond
    • 3 Replies:

On the Learn Page, the link for The "QWERTY by day, Colemak by night" approach: is broken, does anyone know either where it moved to or have a general description of this method (other then by the way it sounds?)

Last edited by fizzatbeyond (26-Jun-2008 23:38:17)
    fizzatbeyond said:

On the Learn Page, the link for The "QWERTY by day, Colemak by night" approach: is broken, does anyone know either where it moved to or have a general description of this method (other then by the way it sounds?)

It's basically self-explanatory. A method recommended by Ryan Heise is to practice Qwerty for about 10 minutes in the morning, then use Colemak for the rest of the day.

SpeedMorph said:

A method recommended by Ryan Heise is to practice Qwerty for about 10 minutes in the morning, then use Colemak for the rest of the day.

That's right, but this is not "QWERTY by day, Colemak by night".

Said method is what it sounds like: continuing to use QWERTY at work (during the day) but practising Colemak at home at night – and of course switching to Colemak fulltime as soon as one deems one's speed good enough.

Didn't the link that no longer works point to jammycakes's Colemak blog? (Who gave up on Colemak)

Update: To answer my own question, yes it did point to his Colemak blog, which no longer exists. The only Colemak entries I found were in his regular blog:

On Colemak:
    He wrote: I’ve managed to get this far with surprisingly little effort using a “qwerty by day, Colemak by night” approach, which has the added advantage that it doesn’t interfere with your productivity while you’re learning.

Seventy-one:
    He wrote: (For those of you who are getting bored with me being a noisy Colemak fanboy, this will be the last of it round here — promise. I’ve started up a separate blog for that.)

Alternative keyboard layouts - a waste of time?

Last edited by boli (27-Jun-2008 07:28:50)
    boli said:

Didn't the link that no longer works point to jammycakes's Colemak blog? (Who gave up on Colemak)

Update: To answer my own question, yes it did point to his Colemak blog, which no longer exists. The only Colemak entries I found were in his regular blog:

Then I guess someone should remove the broken link.  If it weren't a closed wiki I would do that.