• You are not logged in.

Cold Turkey!

• Started by Conexion
    • 3 Replies:

Alright, so here we go! Recently I have gained an interest in learning an alternative typing layout to QWERTY after reading an article on various typing systems and deciding my hands are worth more than QWERTY and immediately weighed the pros and cons of Dvorak and Colemak. I think you can see my choice! I love the idea of replacing the CAPS LOCK with the Backspace as well as many of the other great features. So now here I am typing in Colemak!

Any tips or the like I should keep in mind?

I'm currently on lesson 4 averaging at about 21 WPM. I'll update my progress as I continue to progress! (not that anyone cares, lol :p)

not that anyone cares, lol

You presume incorrectly. Because there are not any experimental, rigorous studies of Colemak, it's valuable for other people to hear about your success or misfortune so they can make up their own minds whether to try Colemak or not. So good luck and keep posting!

Best of luck with Colemak! Hope you'll be enjoying it as much as I have done.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

Thanks you two. I should also mention that before starting on Colemak, I had been trained in QWERTY, and have been using it for the past 11-12 years, roughly averaging at about 105 WPM with 97% accuracy. I'll be doing a few more lessons today and see how I do!

edit: Lesson 7- about 22 WPM right now :)

Last edited by Conexion (14-Mar-2009 06:40:27)