• You are not logged in.
  • Index
  • Technical
  • Can not install Colmak using Windows XP 2002

Can not install Colmak using Windows XP 2002

• Started by Lisa
    • 1 Replies:

Please help!  I can not install Colmak and I am getting RSI from typing so much.  I tried installing the Colemak-1.0.zip and it says, "This installation package could not be opened.  Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." 

I tried to install the beta Colmak-1.1-Caps-Lock-Unchanged.zip and the window pops up that says, "Installation Complete," but it's not working.

I went into my Regional and Language Options, Details, and changed the setting to "English (United States - Colemak (Caps Lock unchanged) but my keys have not changed.  I clicked "Add" and then clicked the box for "Keyboard layout/IME:" and then selected "Colemak (Caps Lock unchanged), OK, Apply" and it still isn't working. 

What am I doing wrong?  Will someone please email me at handley.lisa{at}gmail.com?

Thank you for reading!

Lisa

Hi Lisa. You may find it easier to use a portable version of Colemak rather than installing it. One is available here:

http://www.ryanheise.com/colemak.exe

Just download, save and run.

"It is an undoubted truth, that the less one has to do, the less time one finds to do it in." - Earl of Chesterfield

• Index
      • Technical
      • Can not install Colmak using Windows XP 2002