• You are not logged in.

First day colemak user

• Started by RevRal
    • 3 Replies:

I've disowned QWERTY already :)

A friend told me about Dvorak, so I read for about a week about a week, and here I am. *Edit: Haha. Considering how slow I am typing, you'd think I'd try not to retype words.

I am typing as slow as a little girl on myspace.

I am only 22 years old, but RSI has always worried me, since I type on the computer for about nine hours almost every day.

That whole Carpalx website really bugged me, otherwise I would have learned one of the optimized layouts.

See you guys around!

Last edited by RevRal (17-Sep-2009 21:01:17)

Welcome, and we hope you will have a pleasant journey!

My recommendations for a safe and enjoyable trip: Don't expect too much too fast. Don't push too hard - how much that is will be entirely individual. And finally: Enjoy! It can be fun, even when you still suck at it. Hope you will find it pleasurable most of the time. The rewards will be worth it, I guarantee it.

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

I'm already having fun.

I used to have the keys on my keyboard rearranged so that the top row said "i love gary." Great fun watching people who aren't touch typists try to use it.

So now, to those same people, I've been telling them "look, I fixed the keys." And they go "about time." Then they go to use it, and I get to laugh at an evolution of the joke.

(Also, I like to hide the trackball I use for my laptop. When people go to click a button with the touchpad, I quickly move the cursor off.  But that is a different story....)

Sounds like you would enjoy one of these babies, hmmm?  ;)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***