• You are not logged in.

Das Keyboard

• Started by Golden_Hammer
    • 1 Replies:

Has anyone else heard of the Das Keyboard? I still cannot figure out its usefulness. Then again, perhaps I have a bias towards Microsoft Natural Keyboards. My current fixation is with the Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, but that's a different story.

Does anyone know the effectiveness of the Das Keyboard?

Last edited by Golden_Hammer (09-Dec-2006 18:32:50)

That keyboard is mostly about the style points - mixed with a little hi-tech. You get a blank board which looks neat and stylish and forces you to not look, and you get reliable and precise mechanics.

My keyboards don't tend to fail me. So the precision part of it is probably not necessary to me. I play the piano and I know the difference between a good and a bad piano, so I believe I should be able to feel the truth of the argument about precision mechanics if it were much of a point. I don't really buy it.

I do use a blank keyboard, because since I switched to Dvorak the QWERTY labels became more of an annoyance than anything else. And since I don't want to spend big money, I got the Bzerk black "Blank Keyboard" which is dirt cheap and gives the same amount of nerd points to the uninitiated.

But YMMV.  ;)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***