- Reputation: 0
- From: Saguenay Lac St-Jean
- Registered: 29-Dec-2006
- Posts: 24
Here are some of the things you can mention to give a better picture of your experience:
* What layout you've been using beforehand, and how long you've been typing with it
* How long you've been using Colemak for, and how many estimated hours per week you've typed with it.
* Mention the methods you used to learn the layout.
* What operating system you're using.
* If you mention typing speed, mention what way you used to measure it. Use one of the typing tests to measure it.
* If you have question/doubts about the design it's better to discuss it in the other forum.
* If you've reviewed Colemak in your blog feel free to add a link to the relevant blog entry.
Please post updates to your experiences as a reply in the same thread of your previous experience.
Since its my first day, i figured i'd write the first sentence in colemak. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA qwfpgj ! */
Well before i use your template, i have some things to say :
The fact that some letters from the qwerty layout are still at their rightful place really helped. It's good to know that a few of your old buddies haven't moved.
Other than that, i don't like the home row at all . I feel that the home row has become really important, and i hate how i must use the same finger for adjacent letters. For example , n and e. s and t. It's like if you don't my hands to be moving!
I can't wait to see if it's effective for speed typing!
I've been using the French Canadian Layout (QWERTY). I type at a good speed. I get a score of 2000 at this game :
I got interested in custom keyboard layouts today, after digging this :
I did the 15 default lessons of TypeFaster ( i'll try yours tomorrow). It's really the best way to learn. You have to make your body remember the movements, like Karate, like Piano and like Qwerty. Heck, this is probably easier than Qwerty to learn.
Second day :
Practiced the lessons, and i just got 11 wpm at this game.
Third day :
I'm very strong with the first lesson now (30 wpm, 90 accuracy). Having some troubles with the new lessons because of the new fingers i have to use (ring finger).
Fourth Day :
2nd lesson at 28 WPM. I'm completely used to the new caps lock now! My left hand's ring finger is still having some issues adapting, and he's slowing me down, but it's okay because he adapts himself very quickly.