• You are not logged in.

Board wars: A NEW HOPE!

• Started by DreymaR
    • 13 Replies:

I present to you an improved version of my old Board Wars scroll! I got rid of the jagged edges and crappy stars. The new stars are from the LEGO Star Wars game, which I personally find amusing. The text is only very slightly modified, and I went with 'Episode IV' instead of III to avoid bedlam.

I think it ought to work on a t-shirt, but if the resolution is too low and you want to go for it then contact me and I'll see if I can produce a more high-fidelity image.

BoardWarsCrawl.jpg?dl=1

*dives for cover*

Any suggestions for improvements, graphically or textually? The word is yours, good sirs of the board!

(The number IV might be interpreted thus: QWERTY/Sholes being the first, Dvorak (et al) being the second, Arensito/Capewell and other 'neo-full-optimizers' the third (that's a stretch, I know) and Colemak the fourth. The idea being that the concept of preserving something in the hope of foiling the DEATH INERTIA is a very good idea worthy of a new episode in the Board Wars.)

Last edited by DreymaR (22-Jun-2017 13:44:32)

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to say that this is brilliant! (and I can't think of any improvements)

Thanks!  :)  I still haven't made that T-shirt, but I sometimes try to remind myself that some day...

Haha, sometimes I just crack myself up! I know, I'm a loon... :D

"restore ergonomy to the galaxy"? Is that correct? I'd say "in"... Anyway. Great idea for a t-shirt

The original Star Wars crawl has "...restore freedom to the galaxy". I'm no native English speaker so maybe I'm wrong. Are you sure though?

I think "in" is correct, yes. But I don't know about "to". It might be correct as well.
    But either way, keep it as the original. I didn't know it was "freedom to the galaxy." I suppose I'm not big enough fan to remember the exact quote :)

The 77 crawl:

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

It is a period of civil war.
    Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, rebel spies managed to steel secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodianof the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy....
    Last edited by pinkyache (29-Nov-2012 01:32:26)

--
    Physicians deafen our ears with the Honorificabilitudinitatibus of their heavenly Panacaea, their sovereign Guiacum.

'restore ergonomy to the galaxy'

Emm, I'd probably say 'restore ergonomics to the galaxy.'

Which doesn't sound quite right.

--
    Physicians deafen our ears with the Honorificabilitudinitatibus of their heavenly Panacaea, their sovereign Guiacum.

No: Ergonomics is the application and study of means to promote ergonomy – right?

It's the phenomenon and not the discipline we're after here, like the crawl has 'freedom' and not, say, 'liberalism'. That's how I feel at least?

I get where you're coming from, but I don't think the word 'Ergonomy' exists.

--

Oh dear, is that so?

Wiktionary on ergonomics: The word's derived from 'ergon' (Gr.) and 'economics'. By analogy, the word 'ergonomy' would be very plausible (and there are some 850,000+ hits on it at last Google check). However, the word 'ergonomy' has no wiktionary article so I guess you're right.

In Scandinavia, we do have the word 'ergonomi' but that's used to describe both ergonomics and their effect.

I'm kinda new here, but I do dig Star Wars (I call myself Luke Skywalker sometimes, LOL).
    And you guys rock. Nice concept. :D

The boards will be with you. Always.