• You are not logged in.

I've done it!

• Started by Pandarus
    • 5 Replies:

So, I took the plunge some time ago and now I'm a full time Colemak user!

I even think my typing speed is back up to QWERTY level. Still more mistakes, but these are becoming less and less.

I am SO GLAD I stuck with it.

So, how did I go about it?

I ordered myself a custom WASD keyboard from WASD. I used it at work. At home I stuck to QWERTY. Gee those first few days were painful. Slow slow slow! But over time, my speed increased. The other thing I did was put a Colemak keyboard on my Android phone.

About a month ago I felt confidant enough to move my home usage to Colemak. I bought a logitec set, swapped around the buttons and it's all go. I've also moved around the buttons on my laptop.

The most common mistake I'm still making is r/s and I'm still looking at the keyboard. But that anxiety feeling is gone.

Interestingly, on the few occasions I've had to use QWERTY, I'e found those skills come back within minutes. I do try to avoid QWERTY but.

It's made for some interesting conversations - especially when folks at work want / need to use my PC.....

Keep at it folks, it's worth it.

Let me know if you hae any questions...

Happy for you! :)

For the Android, try MessagEase (see the touchscreen topic). Much better, I promise!

*** Learn Colemak in 2–5 steps with Tarmak! ***
    *** Check out my Big Bag of Keyboard Tricks for Win/Linux/TMK... ***

You made me remembering the switching days...

My next step when I was confident enough was to pull out all keys to put them back to Qwerty positions. Ah it was a relief when the numbs were back...

It's numb without the nubs.

--
    Physicians deafen our ears with the Honorificabilitudinitatibus of their heavenly Panacaea, their sovereign Guiacum.

@Pandarus

Cheers! Let the force with you as a Colemak warrior. ^^

Debian GNU/Linux Jessie NitroType TypeTest

Thanks pinkyache, I mean nubs, not numbs.