• You are not logged in.

How to get better?

• Started by glauber
  • 30 Replies:
Tony_VN said:

No pain no gain. Of course switching experience should be not easy, otherwise Colemak would be the de facto standard by now.

Haha.. There are times I wish that it was, and then there are times I wish I had never heard of Colemak or switched just when I was doing so well with Dvorak. LOL..

@knightjp, perhaps you are onto something thinking that using two keyboards could be an issue.  Try sticking with one for the moment.  You can always take one of them with you.  I fumble when moving from one keyboard to another, it takes a bit of time to get acquainted with a different physical layout.  I've had this recently, trying to get used to an Apple keyboard at work - that I found loathsome - but have slowly got used to it.

--
Physicians deafen our ears with the Honorificabilitudinitatibus of their heavenly Panacaea, their sovereign Guiacum.

pinkyache said:

@knightjp, perhaps you are onto something thinking that using two keyboards could be an issue.  Try sticking with one for the moment.  You can always take one of them with you.  I fumble when moving from one keyboard to another, it takes a bit of time to get acquainted with a different physical layout.  I've had this recently, trying to get used to an Apple keyboard at work - that I found loathsome - but have slowly got used to it.

Then since I use my Microsoft at home, perhaps its good to get one more for the office.

knightjp said:

Then since I use my Microsoft at home, perhaps its good to get one more for the office.

If the commute would be too painful to take it with you, then yep, get one for work.

--
Physicians deafen our ears with the Honorificabilitudinitatibus of their heavenly Panacaea, their sovereign Guiacum.

Hello,

I am just starting on the Colemak frontier.

Many, many years ago I had to get my typing speed up, within a week.

I decided to type the alphabet continuously across the page *nearly as fast* as I could until I got it right six times in a row.  Then I would let off for later in the day or for another day.

I would practice for about five minutes at a time.

This got me the job as a professional word processor.

I think this project might help and it is time-efficient.

Ben

Ben, i like it!